Remembering Daniel Berrigan
I was privileged to know Daniel Berrigan in the last stages of the Vietnam War, not well, but well enough to appreciate his quality of moral radiance and to admire the spiritual dedication that he exhibited in opposing the Vietnam War, and later nuclearism.
The protection of fundamental rights and the promotion of democratic principles is a duty on all States. Upholding such principles are admirable and necessary. However, when States pursue national interests under a veil of human rights and democracy the damage that is done can be irreparable.
Those Funny Anti-Semites
Anti-semites make me laugh. They are so funny. I know that many will consider this statement frivolous, if not obnoxious, considering all the terrible things committed by anti-Semites throughout the ages, including the Holocaust. But nowadays, they are just ridiculous.
Page 8 of 569
Most Read News
- Pope Francis calls on Armenia and Turkey to reconcile
- Germany's Merkel urges caution in UK's exit from EU
- First vessel passes through expanded Panama Canal
- Italy, Netherlands ask to share Security Council seat
- Brexit: Juncker, Farage spar in heated Brussels debate
- Scottish leader threatens to veto Brexit