The present American President Barack Obama, currently the world’s number one active terrorist, war criminal, warmonger, opiate drug warlord, Zionist lackey and mass murderer, made a speech to the United General Assembly that is breathtaking for its dishonest obfuscation of reality and for its lies of omission and commission (Big Lies). An appropriate anagram of Nobel Peace Prize winner Obama is Abamo, “I shall love you” in Latin, and in Obama’s case “I shall love you to death” as he mellifluously declares his love for humanity, free speech, and freedom, while simultaneously being variously involved as an arms, bombing and/or military personnel provider in wars in Somalia, Libya, Palestine, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Colombia, Uganda and Iran (50,000 drug-related Iranian deaths in the last decade, mostly from US-protected Afghan opiates, with 3000 Iranian police and military personnel killed in Iran’s world-leading drug interdiction campaign).
Some of the more appalling travesties of Obama’s speech are analyzed below in order of their utterance (see “Full speech: President Obama’s UNGA address”, MWC News, 25 September 2012).
1. “This violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations”. Obama devoted much of his speech to the murder of US Libyan envoy Chris Stevens and his 3 colleagues – an atrocity that must rightly be condemned by everyone per se and as attack on diplomatic immunity in general – but then quickly gets into massive lying and hypocrisy with this statement. The racist, Neocon American- and Zionist Imperialist-backed, post-1990 US War on Muslims from Libya to Pakistan has been associated, so far, with violent deaths and avoidable deaths from war-imposed deprivation totaling about 12 million, the breakdown being 4.6 million (Iraq, 1990-2012), 5.6 million (Afghanistan, 2001-2012), 2.2 million (Somalia, 1992-2012), 0.1 million (Palestine, 1990-2012; 2.0 million, 1936-2012), and 0.1 million (Libya, 2011-2012) (Google “Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide” ).
2. “We insisted on change in Egypt, because our support for democracy put us on the side of the people”. The US backed the Egyptian military dictatorship for about 40 years and still backs the Egyptian military.
3. “We supported a transition of leadership in Yemen”. The US backed the previous dictatorship as it backs the present one and under Obama is conducting a drone war against Yemenis that has appalling implications for the whole world – under the Obama Doctrine the US can use predator drones to kill the citizens of any country (including the US) anywhere if it can get away with it. This is a 21st century version of Great Britain’s 19th century gunboat diplomacy in which today the killer drone operators, brought up on video games, munch popcorn in air conditioned offices in Texas as they destroy Muslim wedding parties and Muslim villages around the world.
4. “We intervened in Libya alongside a broad coalition ... because we had the ability to stop the slaughter of innocents”. About 1,000 Libyans had died in the civil unrest before the France, UK and US (FUKUS) Coalition started bombing Libya back to the Stone Age. Violent deaths now total about 100,000 and one supposes that a similar number of Libyans will have died from war-imposed deprivation.
5. “The regime of Bashar al-Assad must come to an end”. The horrendous civil war in Syria (about 30,000 dead, and 300,000 refugees) involves US-armed foreign terrorists, is backed by the US Alliance and by the Qatar and Saudi dictatorships. The US has actually invaded about 30 countries since 1945, effected further régime change in another 30 (see William Blum’s book “Rogue State”) and , as revealed by Wikileaks, subverts and perverts every country on earth. Even Australia, where 80% of the population supports the neoliberal, pro-Zionist, US lackey Labor and Coalition parties, is now set to be permanently occupied by up to 2,500 child-killing US Marines.
6. “We have taken these positions because we believe that freedom and self-determination are not unique to one culture. These are not simply American values or Western values - they are universal values.” The US-imposed reality is quite different as in US-occupied Afghanistan where the president, US puppet Karzai, was elected in elections in which there were no other candidates; in Iraq where the Iraqi Holocaust-denying Maliki regime was “democratically elected” after most of the conceivable opposition had been killed, imprisoned or exiled, in Honduras where a US-backed military coup in 2009 threw out the democratically elected government of President Manuel Zelaya who was imprisoned on a US air force base before being expelled from his country; in Burma (Myanmar) where Aung San Suu Kyi’s overwhelmingly popular party has only 38 seats out 440 in the Lower House of Parliament; in Chicago, Illinois , where about 80% of adult African-American males are denied the vote; or in Palestine where 93% of 12 million Palestinians (6 million forbidden to even live anywhere in Palestine) are forbidden to vote for the government ruling all of Palestine.
7. “Crude and disgusting video”. Agreed, but murderous deeds against Muslims (millions killed by the US since 1990) are far, far worse than a “crude and disgusting video”.
8. Re the anti-Islam video, “I know there are some who ask why we don't just ban such a video. The answer is enshrined in our laws: our Constitution protects the right to practice free speech.” This is the same US under Obama that recently forbade the building of a Muslim cultural centre near the WTC. This is the same US under Obama whose military have designated Australian journalist hero and Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange , an “enemy of the state” and, according to The Age newspaper (Melbourne): “The US military has designated Julian Assange and WikiLeaks as enemies of the United States - the same legal category as the al-Qaeda terrorist network and the Taliban insurgency. Declassified US Air Force counter-intelligence documents, released under US freedom-of-information laws, reveal that military personnel who contact WikiLeaks or WikiLeaks supporters may be at risk of being charged with "communicating with the enemy", a military crime that carries a maximum sentence of death” (see “The Age”, “US calls Assange “enemy of state””, 27 September 2012 ).
9. “The United States has not, and will not, seek to dictate the outcome of democratic transitions abroad” This is the most flagrant of Obama’s lies. It must be endlessly repeated that the US has actually invaded about 30 countries since 1945, effected further regime change in another 30 (see William Blum’s book “Rogue State”) and, as revealed by Wikileaks, subverts and perverts every country on earth. In my own country, Australia, the US was involved the coup against the Whitlam Labor Government in 1975, vetoed the candidacy of Labor leader Mark Latham in 2004 and in 2010 backed the Mining Industry-supported, pro-Zionist-led coup against PM Kevin Rudd, perhaps the most popular Labor leader ever.
10. “However, I do believe that it is the obligation of all leaders, in all countries, to speak out forcefully against violence and extremism. It is time to marginalize those who - even when not resorting to violence - use hatred of America, or the West, or Israel as a central principle of politics. For that only gives cover, and sometimes makes excuses, for those who resort to violence.” This gain is an immense lie. Decent people around the world are OBLIGED to speak out against the horrendous, genocidal war crimes of America, the West and Apartheid Israel.
11. “Understand that America will never retreat from the world. We will bring justice to those who harm our citizens and our friends” But no justice for the 34 American servicemen killed and 179 wounded in the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty in 1967 ; no justice for the 3,000 (mostly Americans) killed on 9-11 in an atrocity that almost certainly involved the US Government and very likely the Israelis (Google “Experts: US did 9-11”) ; no justice for the 6,000 US veterans who commit suicide each year or the 50,000 who have done so since 9-11; and no justice for the 1 million Americans who die preventably each year because of the obscene fiscal priority of the Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist-dominated US One Percent of spending $5 trillion this century alone on killing 9 million Muslims abroad rather than on saving American lives at home (Google “1 million Americans die”).
12. “The road is hard but the destination is clear - a secure, Jewish state of Israel; and an independent, prosperous Palestine.” The road is hard for 12 million Palestinians – 6 million of whom are not even permitted to live anywhere in Palestine, the 2.5 million Occupied Palestinians confined to Israeli military-guarded West Bank Bantustans and the 1.6 million Occupied Palestinians confined the Gaza Concentration Camp. The US-backed ethnic cleansing of Palestine now means that over 10 million Palestinians can only have a state comprising a disjointed, mere 10% of Palestine with another 1.6 million Palestinians who are Israeli citizens living under race-based laws in Apartheid Israel – the 2-state solution is patently dead now, thanks to racist liars like Obama.
13. “The Holocaust is denied”. Obama reveals himself as a Holocaust denier here because to Zionist puppet Obama and his racist Zionist puppet masters “the Holocaust” means the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million Jews killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) and NOT the much larger WW2 European Holocaust (30 million Slavs, Jews and Gypsies killed) of which it was a part, or the WW2 Bengali Holocaust in which the British with Australian and US complicity deliberately starved 6-7 million Indians to death for strategic reasons. Of course Obama is actually complicit in the Palestinian, Iraqi, Afghan and Somalia Holocaust (deaths from violence or violently-imposed deprivation totaling 2.0 million, 4.6 million, 5.6 million and 2.2 million, respectively) – holocausts that he and the Western mainstream media ignore and hence deny.
14. “But just as it restricts the rights of its own people, the Iranian government props up a dictator in Damascus and supports terrorist groups abroad… Make no mistake: a nuclear-armed Iran is not a challenge that can be contained. It would threaten the elimination of Israel, the security of Gulf nations, and the stability of the global economy. It risks triggering a nuclear-arms race in the region, and the unraveling of the non-proliferation treaty.” More egregious lies from Obama. Unlike the US, UK, France and Apartheid Israel, Iran has not invaded any other country for several, centuries, is not at war with any other people, is not involved in genocide or terrorism, does not occupy the territory of other countries, does not have nuclear weapons, opposes nuclear weapons in the Middle East and repeatedly declares that it does not want them. Pathologically mendacious Obama ignores the reality that the US, UK, France and Apartheid Israel have nuclear weapons totaling 8,000, 225, 300 and 200, respectively (see “List of states with nuclear weapons”, Wikipedia). Further, in contrast to US state terrorism, UK state terrorism, French state terrorism and Apartheid Israel state terrorism in countries from Libya to Pakistan, Iran does NOT back terrorism. Indeed 3,000 Iranian military and police have died tackling US-backed terrorist and opiate smugglers. Iran is the world leader in interception of US Alliance-protected opiates from Afghanistan that have killed 1.1 million people globally since 2001 due to US Alliance restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from 6% of world market share in 2001 to 92% in 2007, the dead including 200,000 Americans, 18,000 British, 10,000 Canadians and 4,000 Australians (Google “Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide”).
15. “And later today, I will discuss our efforts to combat the scourge of human trafficking”... Human trafficking begins with violently kidnapping human beings. The US is currently involved in the long-term, highly abusive, violent kidnapping since 1967 of presently over 4 million Occupied Palestinians and since 2001 of presently 28 million Afghans.
And not a word about the worsening climate genocide and US Alliance climate change inaction. US, Canada, and Australia through climate change inaction and world-leading annual per capita greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution disproportionately contribute to a worsening climate genocide in which 5 million people die each year from climate change and carbon burning pollution with an estimated 100 million to die thus by 2030 (see the latest DARA report commissioned by 20 countries summarized in an article entitled "Climate Change Deaths Could Total 100 Million By 2030 If World Fails To Act ", Huffington Post, 26 September 2012).
I could analyze further, but this is surely enough to establish that American President Barack Obama, currently the world’s number one active terrorist, war criminal, warmonger, opiate drug warlord, Zionist lackey and mass murderer, has revealed himself in his speech to the UN General Assembly to also be a racist and a pathological liar with a litany of lies of omission and lies of commission. Under-5 year old infant deaths in the post-1990, Zionist-backed, racist US War on Muslims now total 6.3 million, 90% avoidable and due to gross violation of the Geneva Convention by successive US presidents, including Barack Obama – racist war criminals who needed to have been told by somebody that “Thou shalt not kill children”. That said decent people hope that Obama wins the forthcoming presidential election because the racist, religious right Republican candidate Mitt Romney is unthinkable.
|< Prev||Next >|
Other articles in Editorial
Alan Hart and What It Takes to Struggle On 17 May 2013
On Political Precondition 16 May 2013
The Counterfeit Left 12 May 2013
In Praise of Richard Falk 06 May 2013
The Truth Tellers Lament in a Time of Darkness 02 May 2013
Freedom and High Anxiety in the USA 22 April 2013
Divestment at UCSB 16 April 2013
Israeli Massacre of Deir Yassin 15 April 2013
In Defense of Amira Hass 13 April 2013
|William A. Cook|