by Ellen Brown
The trillion dollar coin actually represents one of the most important principles of popular prosperity ever conceived: the creation of money by sovereign governments, debt-free.
Last week on "The Daily Show,” Jon Stewart characterized the proposal that the White House circumvent the debt ceiling by minting a trillion dollar coin as an attempt to "just make shit up."
They've gone at each other before. Neither one likes the other.
Benjamin Netanyahu is arrogant, abrasive, offensive, duplicitous, thuggish, and dangerous. He's an embarrassment to legitimate governance. It's hard imagining why Israelis put up with him.
by Osama Bin Javaid
Just a few hundred meters away from the parliament, the presidency and the supreme court is the square in shape of the letter "D".
This is where Canadian-Pakistani cleric Tahirul Qadri, intends to create his version of Egypt’s Tahrir square.
A coronal mass ejection is heading our way right now. It will get here over the next day or so. It is expected to have only minor, momentary effects on communications.
It could be worse.
Page 324 of 639
Most Read News
- Top court approves Russia's ban from Rio Paralympics
- Deadly attack hits American University campus in Kabul
- Italy earthquake: Rescuers race to find survivors
- Somalia: Al-Shabab gunmen attack beach restaurant
- Powerful quake hits central Italy, hundreds dead
- South Sudan's Riek Machar in Khartoum for medical care