On April 17, about 1,600 Palestinian prisoners began open-ended hunger strikes. More on that below.
Palestinians face hellish conditions in Israeli prisons. They endure torture, deprivation, isolation, intimidation, and denial of basic rights.
by Jacob G. Hornberger
Both Glenn Greenwald and Chris Hedges have excellent analyses of the federal terrorism conviction of American citizen named Tarek Mehanna.
At his sentencing hearing last week in federal court, Mehanna delivered a scathing condemnation of U.S. foreign policy, a statement that Greenwald incorporates in full in his blog.
The Pontifex Maximus, Pope Benedict XVI, will visit Lebanon from 14 to 16 September 2012. This papal visit will coincide with the 30th anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila massacre that was perpetrated by Christian militia forces under the watch of Israeli occupation troops. To make atonement for the crimes committed by “his” Christian brothers he should commemorate this anniversary by visiting his Palestinian Muslim brothers and sisters, who can be regarded as “the Wretched of the Earth” in Lebanon because they enjoy no rights whatsoever.
Page 324 of 540
Most Read News
- #Philippines army and rebel clashes leaves dozens dead
- Ex-Israeli spy chief slams Netanyahu on #Iran handling
- Palestinians tear-gassed during West Bank protests
- US nominates first ambassador to #Somalia since 1991
- US officials question Netanyahu's judgement
- #Iran destroys mock US aircraft carrier in naval drills