Ban Ki-moon, the United Nations secretary-general, has said that the Palestinian bid for recognition by the UN is understandable.
As he prepares to open the 66th annual General Assembly on September 19, Ban said that both sides must engage in dialogue, regardless of the outcome of the vote.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Syria: '100,000 trapped' near Turkey as ISIL advances
- UN seeks Syria aid access as civilians risk starvation
- Avi Gabbay quits Israeli government in protest
- Anti-Islam protest descends into violence in Australia
- Donald Trump 'secures enough delegates' for nomination
- Rodrigo Duterte officially wins Philippines presidency