An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- S Arabia ready to take 'necessary measures' in #Yemen
- Six #Tunisia police chiefs dismissed over museum attack
- Singapore's founding father Lee Kuan Yew dies aged 91
- Israeli PM regrets offending Arab-Israelis during poll
- Afghan women carry body of lynched woman to burial
- #Yemen crisis talks to be held in Doha, says UN
|William T. Hathaway|