An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Saudi troops enter northern #Yemen after Houthi clashes
- Discovery of dead refugees overshadows #Austria summit
- Video of celebrity #Iraq fighter slicing body goes viral
- Saudi-led forces accused of cluster bombings in #Yemen
- Al Jazeera journalists back in Cairo jail after verdict
- Clashes force 5,000 to flee after beheading in CAR
|William deB. Mills|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|