An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Turkey declares 'state of emergency' after failed coup
- Munich shooting: 10 killed in shopping centre attack
- US goes after $1bn in assets from Malaysia's 1MDB
- Journalist Pavel Sheremet killed by Ukraine car bomb
- HRW: Security agencies killing suspects in Kenya
- France confirms three soldiers killed in Libya
|Liaquat Ali Khan|