An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Egypt: Senior military official shot dead in Cairo
- European police arrest 18 over $350m tax-fraud scheme
- Telecom firm AT&T to buy Time Warner for $85bn
- Al-Shabab seizes Somali town after peacekeeper pullout
- Iraq turns down Turkey's help in battle for Mosul
- Hackers cripple US internet in wide-scale cyber attack
Who Is Your Choice for President?