An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Indiana governor sued over bid to block refugees
- #Gambia bans female genital mutilation
- Thai military court charges Bangkok blast suspects
- US coalition strikes in Syria 'killed 250 civilians'
- #Israel to displace thousands of Palestinian Bedouins
- Muslim forced off plane as US anti-Islam rhetoric rises
|William T. Hathaway|
|William A. Cook|