An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Turkish reporters get two years in prison for blasphemy
- Dozens of civilians killed in Syria's Aleppo attacks
- Qatari bank investigates reports of massive data leak
- Bulgarian town bans women from wearing full-face veils
- US election: Trump and Clinton win in Northeast poll
- Waiting for 3G: Palestinians call for connections
|William T. Hathaway|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|