An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Protests after Anaheim policeman drags teen, fires gun
- Democrats invite immigrants to Trump's Congress speech
- New earth-like exoplanets discovery 'best bet' for life
- Philippine court orders arrest of senator Leila de Lima
- Calls for calm ahead of anti-migrant Pretoria rally
- Somali president names Hassan Ali Khaire prime minister
|Timothy V. Gatto|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|