An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Army 'regains ground' from #ISIL in battle for Ramadi
- #Spain issues alert over oil slick threatening islands
- Drowning in a cacophony of content as #YouTube turns 10
- Fresh fighting flares in #Yemen as dialogue hopes dim
- EU charges #Gazprom with abusing gas market prices
- World leaders join Gallipoli commemoration in #Turkey