An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Finland: Tens of thousands march in anti-racism rallies
- Abubakar Shekau appears alive in new Boko haram video
- Call for emergency UN meet amid regime assault in Syria
- Zimbabwe castigates Botswana leader over Mugabe comment
- Missing Mexico students: Case unresolved two years on
- Gun-and-bomb attacks on Iraqi security forces kill 11
Who Is Your Choice for President?