An indigenous community has launched a lawsuit against the Canadian government and the petro-chemical company Suncor for failing to prevent pollution.
The community of Aamjiwnaang, located in the centre of Canada's largest concentration of chemical industries, claims it has recorded rising asthma and cancer rates allegedly linked to air pollution.
The World Health Organisation says the area has highest rate of air pollution in the country, and the Aamjiwnaang believe environmental damage has caused genetic distortions in local wildlife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Kurdish-led SDF launches offensive on Syria's Raqqa
- EgyptAir plane 'did not swerve' before crash
- Syria civil war: ISIL bombs rock Assad-held cities
- Merkel: Turkey must meet all terms for visa-free travel
- Official inquiry faults Clinton for private email use
- Zimbabwe's 'million-man march' for Mugabe fizzles