A Saudi diplomat has been shot dead in Bangladesh's capital Dhaka, authorities said.
Police found the body of Khalak al-Ali on Tuesday at an interesection near his apartment building in the Gulshan district and rushed him to a hospital where he died three hours later, Lutful Kabir, a local police deputy commissioner, told the AFP news agency.
"He was hit by a bullet in the left chest," Kabir said.
Yusuf Jamil, a spokesman for United Hospital, said the diplomat had been admitted to the intensive care unit after he was brought in by police but could not be resuscitated.
Kabir said police were investigating the murder of the 45-year-old, who headed the embassy's citizens' affairs department.
Abdullah Al Bussairy, the Saudi Ambassador to Bangladesh, told the local UNB news agency: "One of our diplomatic staff was killed near his house in Gulshan this morning. This is sad."
The killers might have shot the Saudi official somewhere else and dumped his body on the road in Gulshan, Khandker Lutful Kabir, deputy commissioner of Gulshan division, told The Daily Star newspaper.
“Police did not see any sign of blood at the place the body was found,” he said.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Two UK journalists working for $VICE detained in #Turkey
- Al Jazeera journalists back in Cairo jail after verdict
- Video of celebrity #Iraq fighter slicing body goes viral
- Clashes force 5,000 to flee after beheading in CAR
- French writers held for 'bid to blackmail #Morocco king'
- Street battles rage as #ISIL inches deeper into Damascus
- #Bangladesh charges five men over murder of blogger
- Saudi women candidates register for historic elections
- Saudi-led forces accused of cluster bombings in #Yemen
- Saudi troops enter northern #Yemen after Houthi clashes
- Saudi Arabia executes four more despite moratorium call
- Gulf countries issue travel warnings for #Lebanon
|William deB. Mills|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|