A Saudi diplomat has been shot dead in Bangladesh's capital Dhaka, authorities said.
Police found the body of Khalak al-Ali on Tuesday at an interesection near his apartment building in the Gulshan district and rushed him to a hospital where he died three hours later, Lutful Kabir, a local police deputy commissioner, told the AFP news agency.
"He was hit by a bullet in the left chest," Kabir said.
Yusuf Jamil, a spokesman for United Hospital, said the diplomat had been admitted to the intensive care unit after he was brought in by police but could not be resuscitated.
Kabir said police were investigating the murder of the 45-year-old, who headed the embassy's citizens' affairs department.
Abdullah Al Bussairy, the Saudi Ambassador to Bangladesh, told the local UNB news agency: "One of our diplomatic staff was killed near his house in Gulshan this morning. This is sad."
The killers might have shot the Saudi official somewhere else and dumped his body on the road in Gulshan, Khandker Lutful Kabir, deputy commissioner of Gulshan division, told The Daily Star newspaper.
“Police did not see any sign of blood at the place the body was found,” he said.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Liberia releases last #Ebola patient
- ISIL fighters bulldoze ancient Assyrian palace in #Iraq
- Syrian army and Kurdish forces fight #ISIL on two fronts
- #Ukraine in day of mourning for victims of mine blast
- #Iraq forces working to encircle #ISIL in Tikrit
- Nusra Front claims assault on Aleppo security forces
- Customs seize 27kg of gold from N Korea envoy in Dhaka
- Kerry in Riyadh to calm Gulf fears on #Iran nuclear deal
- #Bangladesh police arrest suspect in blogger's murder
- Bitter Lakes – ‘McJihad’ by US and Saudi Arabia
- Yemen's Houthis in deadly clashes with Baida tribesmen
- Blogger hacked to death in #Bangladesh capital
|William T. Hathaway|