One man has been killed and another seriously injured when a man brandishing a baseball bat entered a mosque in the town of Arras in northern France and started beating worshipers, a police source has said.
The attacker, who was identified as a 32-year-old French man of Moroccan origin, was held after the incident on Friday, and was described by police sources as having a history of psychiatric problems.
Denis Robin, the Pas-de-Calais prosecutor, said the attacker was a member of the Muslim community in Arras, and known to the other worshippers in the mosque.
Two other people were slightly injured in the attack, the police source said
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Munich shooting: 10 killed in shopping centre attack
- Munich attack: Shooter's motive 'completely unclear'
- US election: Democrats' leaked emails cause DNC crisis
- Powerful blasts kill at least 80 in Kabul protest
- Turkey in shake-up of security forces after failed coup
- South Sudan opposition replaces missing leader Machar
- France: Priest killed in ISIL-linked attack on church
- IMF boss Christine Lagarde to stand trial in Tapie case
- France to send artillery to Iraq in fight against ISIL
- Libya: Tripoli condemns French military involvement
- Nice lorry driver plotted attack for months: prosecutor
- France confirms three soldiers killed in Libya
|Liaquat Ali Khan|