One man has been killed and another seriously injured when a man brandishing a baseball bat entered a mosque in the town of Arras in northern France and started beating worshipers, a police source has said.
The attacker, who was identified as a 32-year-old French man of Moroccan origin, was held after the incident on Friday, and was described by police sources as having a history of psychiatric problems.
Denis Robin, the Pas-de-Calais prosecutor, said the attacker was a member of the Muslim community in Arras, and known to the other worshippers in the mosque.
Two other people were slightly injured in the attack, the police source said
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Deadly air strikes hit two Aleppo hospitals
- Abubakar Shekau appears alive in new Boko haram video
- Missing Mexico students: Case unresolved two years on
- Call for emergency UN meet amid regime assault in Syria
- Aleppo civilians pay the price as bombardment continues
- India to ratify climate accord on Gandhi's birthday
- France's Holland says Calais 'Jungle' to be dismantled
- France to close Calais camp, relocate refugees in weeks
- India signs $9bn deal to buy French fighter jets
- France: Labour law protesters clash with Paris police
- French Prime Minister warns of 'new attacks'
- France: Female Paris attack plotters 'directed by ISIL'
Who Is Your Choice for President?
|Timothy V. Gatto|