One man has been killed and another seriously injured when a man brandishing a baseball bat entered a mosque in the town of Arras in northern France and started beating worshipers, a police source has said.
The attacker, who was identified as a 32-year-old French man of Moroccan origin, was held after the incident on Friday, and was described by police sources as having a history of psychiatric problems.
Denis Robin, the Pas-de-Calais prosecutor, said the attacker was a member of the Muslim community in Arras, and known to the other worshippers in the mosque.
Two other people were slightly injured in the attack, the police source said
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- French troops suspended over Burkina Faso child abuse
- #France detains managers of taxi-booking service #Uber
- French attack suspect took 'selfie' with slain victim
- Hollande condemns violent Paris protests against #Uber
- #France put on high alert after attack on chemical plant
- #France says US spying on presidents is 'unacceptable'