One man has been killed and another seriously injured when a man brandishing a baseball bat entered a mosque in the town of Arras in northern France and started beating worshipers, a police source has said.
The attacker, who was identified as a 32-year-old French man of Moroccan origin, was held after the incident on Friday, and was described by police sources as having a history of psychiatric problems.
Denis Robin, the Pas-de-Calais prosecutor, said the attacker was a member of the Muslim community in Arras, and known to the other worshippers in the mosque.
Two other people were slightly injured in the attack, the police source said
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Protests after Anaheim policeman drags teen, fires gun
- Democrats invite immigrants to Trump's Congress speech
- New earth-like exoplanets discovery 'best bet' for life
- Philippine court orders arrest of senator Leila de Lima
- Calls for calm ahead of anti-migrant Pretoria rally
- Somali president names Hassan Ali Khaire prime minister
- Paris: Arrests as youths protest against police abuse
- Amnesty: Toxic fear mongering pushing back human rights
- Marine Le Pen stirs headscarf controversy in Lebanon
- French police search Marine Le Pen's party headquarters
- Russia denies targeting French presidential contender
- Paris rally over alleged police rape descends into riot
|Timothy V. Gatto|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|