One man has been killed and another seriously injured when a man brandishing a baseball bat entered a mosque in the town of Arras in northern France and started beating worshipers, a police source has said.
The attacker, who was identified as a 32-year-old French man of Moroccan origin, was held after the incident on Friday, and was described by police sources as having a history of psychiatric problems.
Denis Robin, the Pas-de-Calais prosecutor, said the attacker was a member of the Muslim community in Arras, and known to the other worshippers in the mosque.
Two other people were slightly injured in the attack, the police source said
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- US election: Donald Trump seeks African American votes
- Turkey: Suicide bomber kills more than 50 at wedding
- Top court approves Russia's ban from Rio Paralympics
- Turkey backtracks on 'child suicide bomber' statement
- Washington sought 'leverage' with $400m Iran payment
- Turkey vows active role in Syria, better regional ties