One man has been killed and another seriously injured when a man brandishing a baseball bat entered a mosque in the town of Arras in northern France and started beating worshipers, a police source has said.
The attacker, who was identified as a 32-year-old French man of Moroccan origin, was held after the incident on Friday, and was described by police sources as having a history of psychiatric problems.
Denis Robin, the Pas-de-Calais prosecutor, said the attacker was a member of the Muslim community in Arras, and known to the other worshippers in the mosque.
Two other people were slightly injured in the attack, the police source said
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #France detains child for 'backing' Charlie Hebdo attack
- #France to cut fewer military jobs due to #Paris attacks
- #France issues first charges over Paris attack
- Netanyahu: Prime Minister of Israel or the Leader of the ‘Jewish People’?
- Pope Francis, Salman Rushdie and Charlie Hebdo
- #Yemen detains two French al-Qaeda suspects