One man has been killed and another seriously injured when a man brandishing a baseball bat entered a mosque in the town of Arras in northern France and started beating worshipers, a police source has said.
The attacker, who was identified as a 32-year-old French man of Moroccan origin, was held after the incident on Friday, and was described by police sources as having a history of psychiatric problems.
Denis Robin, the Pas-de-Calais prosecutor, said the attacker was a member of the Muslim community in Arras, and known to the other worshippers in the mosque.
Two other people were slightly injured in the attack, the police source said
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Turkish reporters get two years in prison for blasphemy
- Dozens of civilians killed in Syria's Aleppo attacks
- Qatari bank investigates reports of massive data leak
- US election: Trump and Clinton win in Northeast poll
- Bulgarian town bans women from wearing full-face veils
- Waiting for 3G: Palestinians call for connections
- France charges Salah Abdeslam for Paris attacks
- Francois Hollande set to sign new arms deal in Cairo
- 'Arms supplier' to Paris attacker detained in Spain
- Brussels: 'Bombers initially planned to attack France'
- France: Jean-Marie Le Pen fined for gas chamber remark
- France places Panama back on list of tax havens
|William T. Hathaway|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|