Two passenger trains have collided head-on near an Amsterdam park, a spokesman for the country's rail network operator has said, leaving scores of people injured according to local media.
Dutch reports citing the Amsterdam fire department said 136 people were wounded, 56 of them with serious injuries.
Prorail spokesman Jouke Schaartsma confirmed that an intercity train had collided with a smaller local train called a sprinter. There were no immediate reports on the cause of the accident.
Amsterdam local news network AT5 posted photos on its website showing two trains that appeared to have collided head-on.
Both trains were still on the rails, with the double-decker intercity train sustaining damage near some doors close to the impact.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Street battles rage as #ISIL inches deeper into Damascus
- #Nepal police kill protesters amid political unrest
- Riot police clear protesters occupying #Beirut ministry
- Detained Vice News staff to appear in Turkish court
- Thai police reward themselves $84K over bomb arrest
- #Australia denies collapse of refugee deal with #Cambodia
|William deB. Mills|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|