Two passenger trains have collided head-on near an Amsterdam park, a spokesman for the country's rail network operator has said, leaving scores of people injured according to local media.
Dutch reports citing the Amsterdam fire department said 136 people were wounded, 56 of them with serious injuries.
Prorail spokesman Jouke Schaartsma confirmed that an intercity train had collided with a smaller local train called a sprinter. There were no immediate reports on the cause of the accident.
Amsterdam local news network AT5 posted photos on its website showing two trains that appeared to have collided head-on.
Both trains were still on the rails, with the double-decker intercity train sustaining damage near some doors close to the impact.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Yemen crisis talks to be held in Doha, says UN
- Report: #Israel spied on #Iran nuclear talks
- #Thailand to continue keeping 17 'Uighurs' in custody
- Report: Hundreds of thousands live under siege in #Syria
- #Iran warns of bloodshed as Saudi-led forces bomb #Yemen
- Seven people killed in #Somalia hotel siege
|William T. Hathaway|