Two passenger trains have collided head-on near an Amsterdam park, a spokesman for the country's rail network operator has said, leaving scores of people injured according to local media.
Dutch reports citing the Amsterdam fire department said 136 people were wounded, 56 of them with serious injuries.
Prorail spokesman Jouke Schaartsma confirmed that an intercity train had collided with a smaller local train called a sprinter. There were no immediate reports on the cause of the accident.
Amsterdam local news network AT5 posted photos on its website showing two trains that appeared to have collided head-on.
Both trains were still on the rails, with the double-decker intercity train sustaining damage near some doors close to the impact.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Palestinian killed and hundreds injured in West Bank
- #Russia accused of striking civilian targets in #Syria
- #Israel limits Palestinian access to Jerusalem Old City
- Netanyahu warns of punitive measures as tensions rise
- #Myanmar president sued in US over Rohingya abuse
- #NATO warns #Russia after jet strays into #Turkey