Sardar Shafiq, President of Abbottabad Union of Journalists is reported to be in critical condition after being attacked by unidentified gunmen Thursday.
He came under attack as he headed home from work and was rushed to a local hospital.
Journalist unions have condemned the incident with the Peshawar Press Club and Khyber Union of Journalists staging a protest in Peshawar Friday.
The protesters threatened to launch protests across the province if the government failed to provide protection to journalists.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Shah Farman and Secretary Information Azmat Hanif Orakzai also denounced the incident, terming it a brutal act.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Egypt: Senior military official shot dead in Cairo
- Telecom firm AT&T to buy Time Warner for $85bn
- Al-Shabab seizes Somali town after peacekeeper pullout
- Iraq turns down Turkey's help in battle for Mosul
- Hackers cripple US internet in wide-scale cyber attack
- Myanmar army forces hundreds of Rohingya from homes
- Pakistan: LeJ behind police academy attack in Quetta
- Quetta attack: LeJ kills 60 in Pakistan police academy
- India: Pakistan soldiers killed in border shootings
- Dozens dead in bus crash in Pakistan
- Devastating impact of Saudi ultra-conservatism on Pakistani society
- Pakistan: Cyril Almeida removed from exit control list
Who Is Your Choice for President?