14 pro-Israel US Alliance countries boycott Durban III
Decent folk must oppose all racism, including genocidal racist Zionism. In September 2011 the UN held the Durban III meeting on racism (World Conference on Racism) at UN Headquarters in New York. “Durban I” was the original 2001 meeting and “Durban II” was a review conference in Geneva in 2009, both conferences being subject to boycotts and walkouts by pro-Israel US Alliance members. 179 countries attended Durban III but 14 boycotted in support of genocidal, race-based Apartheid Israel.
The US Alliance-beholden and genocide-ignoring UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon referred to prior “controversy” in addressing the conference: “We are all aware that the original Durban conference and its follow-up two years ago caused immense controversy,” he said. “We should condemn anyone who uses this platform to subvert that effort with inflammatory rhetoric, baseless assertions and hateful speech” (see “Israel once again accused of “Apartheid” at U.N. racism meeting”, CNS News, 23 September 2011).
While racist Australia, one of Apartheid Israel's best friends, boycotted the anti-racism meeting, the Iranian foreign minister Ali Akbar Salehi attended and referred to the "continuing existence of state-apartheid in the Palestinian occupied territories."
The Saudi delegate, Prince Turki bin Mohammed bin Saud Al-Kabeer, accused Israel of actions designed “to wipe out the national and cultural identity of the Palestinian people” stating “The clearest illustration of such comprehensive racial discrimination lies heavily before us against the Palestinian people today. The Palestinians have been subjected to all forms of racial, political, socio-economic and religious discrimination. The striking evidence of these aspects is manifested in the policies and measures that were adopted by Israel in Palestine.”
The Durban III conference agreed to “political commitment to the full and effective implementation of the Durban Declaration and Program of Action” which specified “Palestinian people under foreign occupation” as victims of racism. Indeed surely all decent, anti-racist folk around the world recognize the pure evil of the state Apartheid policies of war criminal, genocidal, race-based, racist Zionist-run, nuclear terrorist Apartheid Israel.
The ultimate in racism, including Apartheid-style racism, is genocide and Apartheid Israel is held by expert writers and scholars to be affecting a Palestinian Genocide. For what numerous expert scholars, including anti-racist Jewish Israeli scholars, have to say about the ongoing Palestinian Genocide read "The Plight of the Palestinians. A long history of destruction" edited by Professor William Cook (US).
The broad features of the ongoing Palestinian Genocide are summarized below (for further details Google “Boycott Apartheid Israel”).
1. Post-invasion (i.e. post-1967) Occupied Palestinian non-violent excess deaths total 0.3 million. Apartheid Israel deliberately kills about 6,000 Occupied Palestinians each year with about 10% killed violently and about 90% dying avoidably from deliberately- and war criminally-imposed deprivation.
2. Post-invasion Occupied Palestinian violent deaths total about 12,000.
3. Post-invasion Occupied Palestinian under-5 infant deaths total 0.2 million. According to UNICEF 4,000 under-5 year old Palestinian infants die each year, 75% avoidably (i.e. 3,000) due to war criminal Israeli-imposed deprivation. For impoverished high birth rate countries non-violent avoidable deaths are about 1.4 times the under-5 infant deaths i.e. such non-violent avoidable deaths from Israeli-imposed deprivation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories total 1.4 x 4,000 = 5,600 annually.
4. Palestinian refugees total over 7 million (about 4.3 million registered with the UN).
5. About 50% of Palestinians live outside the Homeland continuously inhabited by of their forebears for thousands of years, forbidden to return by genocidal, war criminal Apartheid Israel in contravention of International Law and the Universal Declaration on Human Rights (see “Gideon Polya, “Universal Declaration of Human Rights & Palestinians. Apartheid Israel violates ALL Palestinian Human Rights”).
6. 85% of West Bank Christian Palestinians have been forced to flee the Holy Land.
7. 1.5 million Arab Israelis live as Third Class citizens subject to Nazi-style race laws demanding Apartheid-style, race-based ID and affecting property rights, employment, and marriage.
8. 4.2 million Indigenous Palestinians live under an illegal, brutal, genocidal, 44 year (1967-2011)-duration Occupation that has been formally condemned by both General Assembly and UN Security Council Resolutions.
9. 2.7 million West Bank Occupied Palestinians live in racist Zionist (RZ)–encircled “Bantustans” in a territory being illegally whittled away by military camps, military check points, race-based settlements and Jews-only highways and roads.
10. 1.5 million Occupied Palestinians (800,000 of them Children) live in what the Catholic Church has described as the Gaza Concentration Camp which is policed not by Israeli police but by war criminal, civilian–targeting Israeli air force, army and naval shelling, bombing and shooting. Apartheid Israel imposes sanctions and boycotts on the Gaza Concentration Camp that have left 10% of the children stunted (see leading Jewish British MP David Miliband, “Gaza represents the ultimate failure of politics”, UK Guardian, 11 October 2011).
11. In 1880 there were 500,000 Indigenous Arab Palestinians and 25,000 Jews (50% immigrants) in the Holy Land – today there are 5.7 million Indigenous Palestinians in the Holy Land and over 5.5 million Palestinian refugees elsewhere and excluded from their Homeland, which is occupied by 5.5 million Jewish Israelis backed by the US, UK, Canada, the EU and racist Apartheid Australia.
12. In the 2006 Occupied Palestinian elections conducted under Occupier guns, Hamas won 76 seats out of 132 but these Hamas MPs are now overwhelmingly either dead, imprisoned or hiding in the Gaza Concentration Camp and regarded as “terrorists” by the “democratic Nazi” US, UK, Canada, EU and racist Apartheid Australia. Of about 12 million Palestinians, only adults of 1.5 million Arab-Israelis can vote, albeit as Third Class citizens, for the Government ruling all of Palestine plus parts of Lebanon and Syria. Apartheid Israel practices “democracy by genocide”.
13. UN data reveal that each year Apartheid Israel is responsible for 3,000 Occupied Palestinian under-5 year old avoidable deaths, 5,600 Occupied Palestinian non-violent avoidable deaths from deprivation in total and about 700 violent Occupied Palestinian deaths.
14. The Palestinian Genocide continues despite numerous UN General Assembly and UN Security Council Resolutions, notably UN Security Council Resolution 252 prohibiting land and property seizure, notably in Jerusalem.
15. Apartheid Israel is involved in US state terrorism around the World – it was most notoriously involved in the genocide of Indigenous Guatemalan Indians in 1960-1966 (extreme repression, 0.1 million killed, 1.0 million refugees, 1960-1966 excess deaths 1.9 million), the Iraqi Genocide (4.6 million war-related deaths1990-2011) and, via military aircraft deals with Sri Lanka, to the horrendous Tamil Genocide in which 40,000 Tamils were killed in the last stages of the Sri Lanka civil war (for shocking details see ABC Four Corners, "Sri Lanka's killing fields", 4 July 2011). Racist Zionists and Apartheid Israel have supported the US War on Terror that has, so far, killed 9 million Muslims since 9-11 (an atrocity for which the Zionist-beholden US Government was almost certainly responsible; for details Google “Experts: US did 9-11” and “Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide” ).
Of the 14 countries which boycotted the Durban III anti-racism meeting - Canada, Israel, the U.S., the Czech Republic, Italy, Netherlands, Australia, Austria, Germany, Bulgaria, Britain, New Zealand, France and Poland - all except for Canada, France and Austria - were directly involved in the Iraqi Holocaust and Iraqi Genocide (in the period 1990-2011 war-related deaths totaled 4.6 million, violent deaths totaled 1.7 million, non-violent war-related deaths totaled 2.9 million, under-5 infant deaths totaled 2.0 million and refugees totaled 5-6 million).
Of the 14 countries which boycotted the Durban III anti-racism meeting - Canada, Israel, the U.S., the Czech Republic, Italy, Netherlands, Australia, Austria, Germany, Bulgaria, Britain, New Zealand, France and Poland - all but Apartheid Israel, the Czech Republic, Italy, Austria, Bulgaria and Poland were involved in the Afghan Holocaust and Afghan Genocide (in the period 2001-2011 war-related deaths totaled 5.6 million, violent deaths totaled 1.2 million, non-violent war-related deaths totaled 4.2 million, under-5 infant deaths totaled 2.9 million and refugees totaled 3-4 million).
All the 14 countries which boycotted the Durban III anti-racism meeting thus provided support for Apartheid Israel's ongoing Palestinian Genocide and all except for Austria have been involved in the Iraqi Genocide and/or the Afghan Genocide. However Austria, like Germany, is for ever stained by its involvement in the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) that was part of the WW2 Holocaust in general (30 million Slav, Jewish and Gypsy deaths).
The 1950-2005 avoidable deaths from deprivation in countries occupied in the post-1945 era by various Durban III boycotters as major occupiers are as follows: 2.1 million (Apartheid Australia), 142 million (France), 24 million (Apartheid Israel), 72 million (The Netherlands), 0.04 million (New Zealand), 727 million (the UK), and 82 million (the US) (see my book “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”).
Racism is as racism does. Apartheid Israel-supporting Australia must be described as an Apartheid state because it has passed race-based laws and regulations excluding Indigenous Australians, Afghan refugees and Tamil refugees from the protection of the 1975 Racial Discrimination Act and has had an appalling complicity in 24 genocidal atrocities, 10 of them ongoing (see “Australian Anzac & Armenian Genocide. Australia’s secret genocide history”, MWC News, 25 April 2011). Indeed Apartheid Australia’s maltreatment of its Indigenous inhabitants continuers to be far, far worse than that by Apartheid Israel and constitutes an ongoing Aboriginal Genocide.
UNICEF reports that 4,000 under-5 year old Occupied Palestinians die each year (75% avoidably, i.e. 3,000 die avoidably from Apartheid Israel war crimes perpetrated in gross violation of the Geneva Convention). This means that total annual Occupied Palestinian avoidable deaths total 4,000 x 1.4 = 5,600 out of an Occupied Palestinian population of 4.2 million or an annual avoidable death rate of 5,600 /4.2 million = 1,333 avoidable Occupied Palestinian deaths per million of population per year.
In contrast, avoidable Aboriginal deaths in Apartheid Australia total 9,000 annually out of an Indigenous population of 500,000, this giving an annual Indigenous Australian avoidable death rate of 9,000/0.5 million = 18,000 avoidable Indigenous Australian (Aboriginal) deaths per million of population per year in Apartheid Israel-backed and Apartheid Israel-backing Apartheid Australia (see “Body count: the awful truth”, National Indigenous Times, 14 June 2007).
In contrast, the annual homicide rate in Detroit, Michigan (the highest for any US city) is 473 per million per year; the annual homicide rate within the State of Israel proper is 15 per million per year ; and the annual rate of Israeli deaths from Palestinian violence since 1950 is about 2,600/4.083 million (average population, 1950-2010) = 637 deaths per million of population over 60 years = 637/60 years = 10.6 i.e. about 11 deaths per million of population per year (less than the rate at which Israelis murder each other).
All decent people around the world should apply Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against US-, Australia-, UK- and Apartheid Israel and all its racist supporters.
|< Prev||Next >|
Other articles in Politics
American Democracy Now an Oligarchy 24 April 2014
Obama Plays with Fire in Ukraine 23 April 2014
Indian 2014 elections 23 April 2014
What Should the Palestinians Do? 22 April 2014
Johnny Racist and a White Jew With a Fat Arse 21 April 2014
Let’s Get Lethaler 21 April 2014
Canada Targets Russia 20 April 2014
‘Renewable ethanol’ is a lie 18 April 2014
More NATO Forces for Eastern Europe 17 April 2014