Thou Shalt Not Kill Children
At Christmas 2010 we celebrate the birth of Jesus and remember His parents fleeing as refugees from the slaughter of the children by cruel King Herod. However 2 millennia after the birth of Jesus there are 7 million Palestinian and 20 million Muslim refugees and President Obama presides over an American Empire that murders about 1,000 children everyday and has murdered over 4 million infants in Iraq and Afghanistan alone (consult the website “Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide”).
Let us recall the appalling crime of King Herod as recounted in the Holy Bible New Testament, Matthew, Chapter 2 story of the Nativity. In short, the King received Intelligence of a Threat to his Rule and was told by the Wise Men from the East that the Threat would be born in Bethlehem. After the Birth of the Holy Child, the Holy Family fled as Refugees to escape the horrendous Mass Infanticide ordered by the King, returning only when the King finally died, and, avoiding Judaea, goes to reside in Nazareth in Galilee. Thus began the Life and Ministry of Jesus Christ whose Message of Love has inspired all People of Goodwill. (see Matthew Chapter 2: 1-22)
The Awful Truth of US Alliance anti-Arab anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, mass murder, mass infanticide and generation of 20 million Muslim refugees is outlined below (please note that under-5 infant deaths in the Occupied Palestinian, Iraqi and Afghan Territories are about 90% avoidable and due to Occupier war crimes in gross violation of the UN Genocide Convention and the Geneva Convention; for annual under-5 infant deaths consult UNICEF: and note that total avoidable deaths in impoverished Third World countries are about 1.4 times the under-5 infant deaths).
1. Palestinian Genocide: post-invasion excess deaths 0.3 million, post-invasion under-5 infant deaths 0.2 million, 7 million refugees; Occupier Apartheid Israel passively murders 0.9 x 4,000 = 3,600 Occupied Palestinians infants each year; Palestinian refugees total over 7.
2. Iraqi Genocide: 1990-2010 excess deaths under Sanctions and Occupation total 4.4 million, under-5 infant deaths total 2.0 million; 5-6 million refugees; the war criminal Occupiers UK and the US Alliance passively murder at least 0.9 x 41,000 = 36,900 under-5 year old Iraqi infants each year in gross violation of the Geneva Convention.
3. Afghan Genocide: 2001-2010 excess deaths under Occupation total 4.9 million, under-5 infant deaths total 2.6 million, refugees total 3-4 million (plus a further 2.5 million Pashtun refugees from NW Pakistan); the war criminal Occupying UK and US Alliance passively murder 0.9 x 311,000 = 279,900 under-5 year old Afghan infants each year in gross violation of the Geneva Convention.
4. Haitian Genocide: the US Alliance Occupiers passively murder 0.9 x 19,000 = 17,100 under-5 year old Haitian infants each year in gross violation of the Geneva Convention; accordingly annual avoidable deaths from deprivation total 1.4 x 19,000 = 26,600; since the 29 February 2004 US Occupation of Haiti and kidnapping of Haiti’s first democratically elected president , President Aristide, post-invasion avoidable under-5 infant deaths have totaled 6.8 x 17,100 = 116,280 (about 116,000) and total avoidable deaths from deprivation have totaled 6.8 x 26,600 = 180,880 (about 181,000); internal refugees in Occupied Haiti total 1.6 million.
5. Somali Genocide: the US Alliance Occupiers passively murder 0.9 x 76 ,000 = 68,400 under-5 year old Somali infants each year in gross violation of the Geneva Convention; accordingly annual avoidable deaths from deprivation total 1.4 x 76,000 = 106,400; since the 20 July 2006 US-backed Ethiopian invasion of Somalia, post-invasion avoidable under-5 infant deaths have totaled 4.5 x 68,400 = 307,800 (about 308,000) and total avoidable deaths from deprivation have totaled 4.5 x 106,400 = 478,800 (about 479,000); Somali refugees now total about 2 million (including 1.5 million internally displaced persons and hundreds of thousands outside Somalia according to UNHCR):
6. It has been estimated that about 1,000 Muslim children die avoidably due to US Alliance war crimes in the American Empire every day (see Gideon Polya, “Hey, hey, USA, how many kids did you kill day? Answer: 1,000”, Bellaciao, 1 May 2009).
7. However the carnage due to the American Empire is much, much greater than that in the Occupied Palestinian, Iraq, Haitian, Afghan and Somali Territories. Thus from UN Population Division data (2008 revision) it can be estimated that for the “less developed regions excluding China”, annual under-5 infant deaths total 8.7 million (90% avoidable, i.e. 7.8 million, and due to First World-complicit deprivation) and avoidable deaths from deprivation total 18.3 million – a global avoidable mortality holocaust on Spaceship Earth with a violent, racist and greedy US in charge of the flight deck. So much for the “right to life” espoused so hypocritically by the genocidal, warmongering, American racist religious right.
8. 1950-2005 avoidable deaths total 1.3 billion for the World, 1.2 billion for the non-European World and 0.6 billion for the Muslim World, a Muslim Holocaust 100 times bigger than the World War 2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million dead, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) or the “WW2 Bengali Holocaust (6-7 million Indians deliberately starved to death by the British for “strategic” reasons) (see my book “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History”). The 1950-2005 under-5 infant deaths total 0.88 million for the World, 0.85 million for the non-European World and 0.4 billion for the Muslim World. 1950-2005 avoidable deaths in countries occupied in the post-1945 era by the UK, France, US and Israel total 727 million, 142 million, 82 million and 24 million, respectively; the corresponding under-5 infant deaths total about 509 million, 99 million, 57 million and 17 million, respectively (see my book “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”).
9. Indeed the horror is set to get worse. Both Dr James Lovelock FRS (Gaia hypothesis) and Professor Kevin Anderson ( Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Manchester, UK) have recently estimated that fewer than 1 billion people will survive this century due to unaddressed, man-made global warming – noting that the world population is expected to reach 9.5 billion by 2050, these estimates translate to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims in a terminal Muslim Holocaust, 2 billion Indians, 1.3 billion non-Arab Africans, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis.
10. Who are to blame for this worsening climate genocide? “Annual per capita greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution” in units of “tones CO2-equivalent per person per year” (2005-2008 data) is 0.9 (Bangladesh), 0.9 (Pakistan), 2.2 (India), less than 3 (many African and Island countries), 3.2 (the Developing World), 5.5 (China), 6.7 (the World), 11 (Europe), 16 (the Developed World), 27 (the US) and 30 (Australia; or 54 if Australia’s huge Exported CO2 pollution is included). With only 311 million/6.9 billion = 4.5% of the World’s population, a remorselessly violent, greedy and racist United States demands 25% of the World’s resources. With only about 0.3% of the Word’s population, climate criminal Apartheid Australia’s Domestic plus Exported greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution is 3% of the World’s total and its annual per capita GHG pollution (Domestic plus Exported) is 60 times that of Bangladesh (consult the “Climate Genocide” website).
Yet not a pip from the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury, or the Anglican or Catholic Churches over US Alliance mass murder of Arab and Muslim children, whether at Christmas 2010 or indeed any other Christmas (for details and documentation of this continuing horrendous atrocity see "Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide").
Now if miracles actually occur and by some miracle the Archbishop of Canterbury or the Pope were to be drawn into a public discussion of the mass murder of Muslim children by the racist Zionist-beholden US Alliance, they might plead that apart from (regular) collateral damage from civilian-targeting US bombing, the brave US Alliance storm troopers are not actually shoving bayonets into Muslim babies.
However whether a Muslim child in the Occupied Palestinian, Iraqi or Afghan Territories dies from bombs or bullets or from Occupier-imposed deprivation and deprivation-exacerbated disease, the end result is the same and the moral culpability the same.
We know that the racist Zionists have been blockading the Gaza Concentration Camp (1.5 million inmates, 800,000 of them children) for several years and if you consult the World Health Organization (WHO) you will find that the “total health expenditure per capita” permitted by the US Alliance Occupiers in Occupied Iraq and Occupied Afghanistan is US$124 and US$29, respectively, as compared to US$3,122 (for Occupier Apartheid Australia) and US$2,784 (for Occupier UK) (consult WHO).
All decent people abide by national and international laws, respecting the words of Jesus Christ: “ Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's” (Matthew 22.21, the New Testament of the Holy Bible) and so the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury and all world leaders (except for the leaders of the war criminal US Alliance and racist Zionist-run Apartheid Israel) would recognize the obligation to abide by Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War which demands that an Occupier should provide its Conquered Subjects with food and medical life-sustaining requisites “to the fullest extent of the means available to it”.
To the fullest extent of the means available to it the Occupying Power has the duty of ensuring the food and medical supplies of the population; it should, in particular, bring in the necessary foodstuffs, medical stores and other articles if the resources of the occupied territory are inadequate.
The Occupying Power may not requisition foodstuffs, articles or medical supplies available in the occupied territory, except for use by the occupation forces and administration personnel, and then only if the requirements of the civilian population have been taken into account. Subject to the provisions of other international Conventions, the Occupying Power shall make arrangements to ensure that fair value is paid for any requisitioned goods.
The Protecting Power shall, at any time, be at liberty to verify the state of the food and medical supplies in occupied territories, except where temporary restrictions are made necessary by imperative military requirements.
To the fullest extent of the means available to it, the Occupying Power has the duty of ensuring and maintaining, with the cooperation of national and local authorities, the medical and hospital establishments and services, public health and hygiene in the occupied territory, with particular reference to the adoption and application of the prophylactic and preventive measures necessary to combat the spread of contagious diseases and epidemics. Medical personnel of all categories shall be allowed to carry out their duties.
If new hospitals are set up in occupied territory and if the competent organs of the occupied State are not operating there, the occupying authorities shall, if necessary, grant them the recognition provided for in Article 18. In similar circumstances, the occupying authorities shall also grant recognition to hospital personnel and transport vehicles under the provisions of Articles 20 and 21.
In adopting measures of health and hygiene and in their implementation, the Occupying Power shall take into consideration the moral and ethical susceptibilities of the population of the occupied territory.”
The US Alliance are grossly violating the Geneva Convention and hence are war criminally responsible for the estimated 1,000 child deaths every day under Emperor Obama in the Occupied Territories of the American Empire.
However silence kills and silence is complicity, whether it is silence over clerical pedophiles or silence over US Alliance mass paedocides. One supposes that the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury – and indeed all the clergy of the Catholic, Anglican and other Christian Churches - are conscious of their accountability to Higher Authority as set out in the following guide to WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) via very well known injunctions of Jesus in relation to Care for Children and which He has presented very forcefully (these quotes are taken from the wonderful King James Version of the Holy Bible):
“Mark 9:42. And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone was hanged about his neck, and he was cast into the sea.
Mark 10:14. Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God.15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. 16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matthew 18:10. Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
Mark 9:42. And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone was hanged about his neck, and he was cast into the sea. Mark 10:14 Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God.15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. 16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.
Luke 17:2. It was better for him that a millstone was hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.”
And if He exists, may the God they believe in have mercy on their mass paedocide-ignoring souls.
Peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity. Decent people are obliged to tell everyone they can about the genocidal carnage wrought on Humanity by the US Alliance (the US, UK, Canada, Apartheid Israel, Apartheid Australia, New Zealand and NATO) – they cannot walk by on the other side. Decent people must also invoke Sanctions and Boycotts against these politically correct racist (PC racist), genocidal, mass infanticidal, look-the-other-way, genocide complicit, holocaust complicit, genocide-ignoring, holocaust-ignoring, Democratic Nazi Murdochracies and Lobbyocracies.
On Christmas Day 2010 about 7.8 million/365 = 21,370 under-5 year old infants will die avoidably in the World due to US Alliance greed, racism and violence.
Christmas Day should be a Memorial Day for the millions of children who die each year, not just in US wars but also due to violent, racist and greed US Alliance hegemony that means that about 7.8 million under-5 year old infants die from US- and First World-imposed deprivation every year.
The bottom-line Christmas Day message to the whole World and to America in particular is that “thou shalt not kill children”.
|< Prev||Next >|
Other articles in Analysis
Uganda: Doing Israel's dirty work 13 April 2014
In One Word: Poof! 11 April 2014
The danger of peace has receded 11 April 2014
Filthy Mayhem in India 11 April 2014
Global Cultural Protections 10 April 2014
Understanding Marx 07 April 2014
Indoctrinating a new generation 07 April 2014
Climate Change Inaction 05 April 2014
The Monster on the Hill 04 April 2014
The New World Order? 03 April 2014
|F. William Engdahl|