CFP By Marie Beaulieu - The China government seems to be so important these days to politicians because of the new world order economy but how much do we really know about the people of China? Why not check a short interview with Canada Falun Dafa spokesperson Joel Chipkar on 'Falun Gong Misconceptions' here and here.
Joel comes with the facts and explores some important key factors surrounding the Falun Gong movement in China that sheds light on the intent of the propaganda pumped by the Chinese regime for the past 12 years and its impact in China and abroad.
- The draconian human rights abuses perpetrated by Chinese communist authorities against apolitical, peace-loving, lawful citizens who practice a cultivation of mind and body called Falun Gong.
- In China, Falun Gong was anything but “controversial,” much less labeled “heretical,” prior to its persecution in 1999 and even the CCP cadre was fond of it.
- Some officials envisioned it as a panacea for the aging nation’s health care woes.
- What happened? The Chinese regime banned the practice in 1999 while the Party faced a potential crisis of legitimacy—domestic and international—like no other given Falun Gong’s popularity and with the group not having been found at fault.
- The Communist Party’s solution? To demonize the group with vilification campaigns in state-run media and through elaborate PR initiatives abroad. This also served a second purpose: to deflect people’s attention away from very real and pressing social problems, not to mention official corruption, that by some estimates threaten to tear the nation asunder.
- The cover up. Beijing authorities want you to ask who these people are (and are fed the vile Beijing's definition), rather than what is being done to them, i.e., forced organ harvesting, Stalinist style torture, gang rapes, pillage, etc.
We can help put an end to these atrocities by enforcing universal human rights conventions.
|< Prev||Next >|
Other articles in Letters
Open letter to Oz ABC 16 April 2013
Urgent UN Press Statement: Release Palestinian Hunger Strikers Now 14 February 2013
‘Blasphemy, Offence, and Hate Speech’ 01 February 2013
President Obama 2013 inaugural address 21 January 2013
Open Letter to New York Times Editors 19 January 2013
W2Belongs2Me members! 10 January 2013
An Open Letter of Response to CRIF 31 December 2012
Visit to Gaza: UN Press Release 06 December 2012